Tuesday, August 19, 2014

habitual

I really need to keep the habit of blogging, its actually pretty good for the soul. I have just been so busy, and so tired. Times have been a bit rough on my family, as you know, my dad's office is based in Thailand, and KL, and what with the bad political situation and the bad economy, he is actually back here working with resorts world. So our finances are pretty low at the moment, we finally have an appointment with the ICA for hub's LTVP, and hopefully the LTVP +. Now this silly visa, has taken so long to finally get to this point, we have had to constantly extend his short term visa, and that requires us to go down to the ICA, and queue for ages, to get his passport stamped for a 30 day extension. You can get the first extension online IF you have been here under 89 days, following which is hey ho, off to the ICA you go. So lets cross our fingers and hope that they grant the LTVP +, otherwise I suppose we will have to get advice from MOM as to how to proceed for hubs to work. Would have thought having a Singaporean wife and child would make it easier, but no not really. So friends, I have happy to dole out advice and procedure should anyone need any info on how to apply for the LTVP and how it works.

Work has been going well, more clients under my belt, very busy as usual. Very tired as always. Today, I decided to learn to be grateful. Yesterday I had the misfortune of having a huge blowout with my parents, and it wasn't pretty. Personally I feel you shouldn't run your kid into the ground to make a point. Thank you mom and dad for making me feel like shit. BUT on my part, I suppose I shouldn't keep pointing fingers, and be grateful for everything I have been blessed with so far, and sticking together as family would be the ideal situation. I am TIRED of all the fighting and bickering and it is taking a toll on my little, or not so little brother. He's 20 but still mummys golden child. Anyway, so from today, I am determined, to be grateful, for my parents who have given me so much, for my brother, and mostly for my gorgeous husband and son. All aside, I am happy to be home. I dont have to keep proving myself to everyone, I can just be me. I am no longer a social butterfly, and my true friends have kept the faith. The once friends who have weedled out of my life because I am not fun anymore, or cant go out randomly anymore, or party anymore - I am a mother, and a wife, I have responsibilities. And I dont believe in dumping my child on my maid or mother and going out. Once in a while my lovely mother looks after my darling so hubs and I can go on a date, but no sorry, i will not do otherwise. So dear folks, thank you for making it easy for me, and walking out on me, because I know the people left truly care for me, and understand my situation. I am happier with my husband and son, than I have ever been with my superficial lifestyle of parties and splurging money on rubbish. I wish you all the best, and I pray you may find true happiness and peace like I have with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment