Tuesday, December 16, 2014

W Hotel Singapore - Drop the T2

I recently wrote a High Tea review for ENVY, and I'm too lazy to write another one for my own blog, so here's my review copy and pasted lol. 
I recently sat down with W Hotel Singapore’s gorgeous b&f insider Laura for the much acclaimed ‘drop the T2’ high tea in the much talked about Woo bar. Upon arrival, the doormen rushed to open our door for me and kindly gave me directions. W hotel is nestled in the luxurious Sentosa Cove so it can be quite difficult to get to, fortunately you can make use of their shuttle bus from Vivo City. Check out their shuttle bus schedule here. Entering the hotel, I was enchanted by their eclectic furniture settings following their modern and hip urban jungle theme. I caught up with Laura in the comfortable Woo bar, overlooking the pool and gardens, colourful bean bags bringing vibrancy to the green and blue hues of the outdoor area.
                                                                                                                                                             Woo bar 
                                                                                                                                                              Woo bar 
                                                                                                                                         Woo Bar
                                                                                                                                                   Pool & Gardens

W
 hotel’s drop the T2 set comes with a free flow of freshly brewed coffee and a variety of Dilmah’s finest tea, including their exotic seasonal flush, harvested only once a year! As much as I wanted to try the tea, I cannot resist a good coffee and theirs was so good I had 3 cappuccinos!! The staff was quick to take our drink order, followed promptly by the arrival of the high tea set, layered up in a beautiful bird cage.
                                                                                                                       High tea bird cage set
The sweet treats consisted of chocolate crackles, gorgeous macarons, crispy crones (croissant-scones) baked to perfection, flavoured curd balls, crunchy on the outside soft on the inside whoopie cookies, rich chocolate cake covered in orange cream sprinkled with nougat, and finally, my personal favourite, the fresh berry trifle served in adorable little glass jars. The staff were extremely attentive to our needs, refreshing our teas and coffees when we were dry. To our surprise, they even brought us savoury treats which was exactly what we needed to balance out the sweetness of the birdcage selection. The savouries included a foie gras chocolate tart, a egg & crab sauce mantou, a tika salmon papadum combination, and my personal favourite, and a surprise to me, brie cheese sushi. I had to have multiple cheese sushis to be satisfied, the soft cheese with the sourness of the pickles hidden underneath was indeed a delight.
                                                                                                                                     Cappuccino 
                                                                                                                       Chocolate crackles
                                                                                                                         Flavoured Crones 
                                   Berry Trifles, whoopie cookies, macarons, chocolate cake with orange cream, curd balls 

Brie Sushi

Chili crab mantou

Foie gras chocolate tart & tika salmon papadum 

B&f Winsider Laura can help you with all your b&f needs during your time in Hotel, she’ll give you insider tips on the coolest most awesome place to hang out in Singapore. She’ll help you customize your holiday to however you want it, whether touristy or understated. If you need a special dinner, a party or even a surprise proposal set up, Laura will arrange it all for you. Contact her at Wbfinsider.singapore@whotels.com for all your b&f reservation needs or ask for her when you get to the hotel.

Dear Laura & I 

I give W hotel Singapore 5 thumbs up!! Thank you to the beautiful b&f Winsider Laura for having me, It was the best possible place for us to spend my Friday afternoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment