Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I do but I dont.

You know how everyone tells you growing up is not fun and they all claim they want to go back to school? I see why now. Being an adult means bills bills bills and all the things you never thought about before, like how EXPENSIVE it is to buy a house in Singapore. We have recently been on the look out for a 4 bedroom condominium so Jacob can have his own bedroom. But boy are they expensive. We had someone from the bank come down and evaluate our house and even with the low housing market, we still got a nice 3 mil figure. But let me tell you, we've had a few people through our house and the best offer we got was still 2.75 mil which is not acceptable by my parent's standard, considering all the new 4 bedroom condos are smaller than 2000 sq ft, which is the size of our current 3bed + maids room. Don't shoot me for saying this but I'm missing our house in Australia, with the beautiful back and front yard, and its spaciousness and most of all I miss the 4 seasons. As much as I was dying to come back, I have seen the people whom I wanted to see the most, and I've even started working again. Working is extremely fulfilling and I love it, even more so because I am working for a dear friend who already knows my work ethic and trusts me. Having absolutely no formal training in marketing, and only the experience of working as marketing executive in a club for a few short months, I've learnt so much from my amazing boss who is patient and kind. But that's me, my dearest husband is still waiting on the ICA for his LTVP, and to be honest it's moving a lot slower than we expected. 

On the bright side Jacob's Singapore Citizenship settled quick, and the government even gave us a baby bonus which was a big help with getting started, but a man needs to work to feel good about himself, and Chris gains no satisfaction from hanging out at home everyday while Jacob goes off to school and I go off to work. We have finally been given the approval (in principle), I've made the payment, and chris has to finish some medical examinations. But we have still no idea if we have been given the LTVP or the LTVP+ which doesnt seem like a big difference, but basically that little '+' sign, is the difference between Chris being able to get a letter of approval to work, or having to apply for a work permit with a prospective employer and proceeding to MOM to get it approved (case by case basis). the + means he wont be counted within the company's foreign work quota, NO + means he WILL be counted in the foreign worker quota and I cannot recall if or if not they will have to pay the worker levy to hire him. BIG PAIN I KNOW. Also the residential time is also significantly longer with the +. Family or no family the ICA makes the decision. This decision will also be the thing that might have to send us packing back to Australia, and I am half half about this. 

I do but I don't. God help me I love working, but I want to be able to buy a lovely house with a yard for a reasonable price. The dream is to get a lovely 4 bedroom with a front and back yard for less than 500K. And in Australia that is more than reasonable. But anyway, that's my musing of the day. I'm really tired. Work is lovely but oh-so-demanding. Okay time for the baby's bath. Til later xxx 





Jacob's first birthday party, our back yard, launceston - tasmania - Australia Jan 2014 

2 comments:

  1. You will find a way. I have faith in you. You are an amazing friend and now.. An amazing mother and wife. You will have everything you ever dreamed off and more.

    Love you lots. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U are too kind mark !! Thank you for ur lovely words x

      Delete