Sunday, October 5, 2014

D.i.y party favours

Jacob turned one while we were still in Aussie and unlike singapore where you can find shops selling anything and everything, Launceston doesn't have much. So hunting down decent party favours that didn't cost a bomb was not an option. So I made my own :D. I am kind of a hoarder. Not for rubbish though, but things I can definitely use again, in this case, the key items would be baby food jars and scrap booking paper. Every time I see a beautiful patterned paper in a magazine/flyer anywhere at all, as long as it had no words or other pictures spoiling it, I cut it out and stuck it in a file. See in Launceston I was lucky enough to have a spare room for myself which I stored my heavy coats, bags, shoes and all my hobby craft and sale items so I could simply collect what I want and store it. And I kept baby food jars to portion out Jacobs meal portions for daily use. 


Instructions 
- remove sticker label and sticky residue from outside jars, simply removing the label before u put them in the dishwasher is enough. Let the dishwater to the work. 

- fill the jars with jellybeans/gummy/candy whatever u want, but avoid chocolate unless they are individually wrapped pieces. 

- measure the size of the cap, cut out circles from the coloured paper you want to paste on the top of the cap. Write your event/guest names or whatever you want on the top for easy viewing. 

- measure the jar and cut out long strips of paper you want to cover your jar in, this depends of course on the size of the jar and exactly how much of the jar you want to cover. 

- finally, attach a ribbon round the screw top for extra embellishment, if the ribbon refuses to stay on you can use a tiny dab of non toxic glue to keep it there. 

There you go! Your very own d.i.y extremely affordable party favours !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment